A schedule is the creation of an advance schedule of a time window with a start and end time for the signal to open or close depending on the case. The steps for creating a schedule are as follows:
1.- First of all we must go to the live signal that we will use (live module). Once there you must go to the Schedules section and click on the "+" sign :
2.- The second step is to assign a name to the particular event. Then complete the code field in case you need to save a special encoding for this schedule and finally choose a category if you require it:
3.- The third step is to complete the Recurrency field . For this you have two options to choose according to what you require:
- One Time: For the creation of a unique schedule.
- Recurrent: For the creation of a recurring schedule, which will be repeated at a certain time.
Regardless of the option you choose, you must complete the date and time fields when the schedule will begin and end:
In the case of the One Time option , only these fields are necessary. If, on the other hand, your option is Recurrent , you must additionally complete the Frequency field :
These fields are necessary to determine how long you want that schedule to remain in recurrence.
4.- Then it is the turn to complete the Options fields :
· Record Automatically: You must select it so that once the transmission is finished, the content is saved in Media as video.
· Featured: Used in OTTs so that the event is shown as featured on the page.
· Not Sellable: Used in OTT where if this is marked the content is not available for PPV sales
· Blackout: The content will not be available to users, it will disconnect those who are connected and will show a blocking notice. This type of block prevails over georestriction.
( To learn more about Blackout, we invite you to read our document "How to configure Blackout in a Schedule").
5.- The next step is to complete the Georestriction field in case you need to apply this type of restriction:
You can deny it for certain countries, allow it only for one or make it available for any place in the world.
6.- Finally, you also have the option of making use of your
Custom Attributes if you wish to add custom attributes to the generated media:
Once you finish, simply save the changes and you will have your schedule programmed.
If you have any related questions please do not hesitate to write to us through the chat.
Atte. The Mediastream Team