To access this option and thus know the different ways of how to restrict your content, you must enter Settings and select this section in the list
It should be noted that when configuring these restrictions from this section, the settings made will apply to all the content available in your account.
Here's how each option works:
This first option is used to apply geoblocking for your content. There are 3 options:
Disable: To allow access to all users, regardless of where they
· Allow only countries from the list: To allow access only to users connected from certain countries.
· Deny all countries from the list: To deny access to users connected from one or more countries.
Note: For these last two options it is important to indicate the countries for which a certain restriction will be applied.
This option is to apply restriction by device, that is, according to the one the end user is using to access the content. The available options are as follows:
· Deny mobile devices: This option is used to deny access to users who enter through mobile devices.
· Deny TV sets and set-top Boxes: To restrict the access of users connected through TV.
To deny or allow access to users who come from certain websites. The available options are as follows:
· Disable: To allow access from any site.
· Allow only referrers from the list: Allows you to manually incorporate the sites from which users can access.
· Deny all referrers from the list: To deny access to users who come from certain sites.
Note: For these last two options it is important to indicate the sites for which a certain restriction will be applied.
4.- Cellular Networks
This fourth option allows restricting according to mobile networks such as Edge, 3g or 4g. The options available to do so are the following:
· Disable: To not discriminate between mobile networks. Allows all access.
· Allow only cellular viewers: To allow access to all users who access through mobile networks.
· Deny all cellular viewers: To deny access to users using mobile networks.
5.- Closed Access
Closed Access, as its name implies, serves to restrict access to the entire content of your account. You just have to select Enable and save the changes for it to be applied.
For more information on how Closed Access works for Live and content in general, click on the following buttons that will take you to the articles as appropriate.
This last option allows to apply restriction by IP number. The options to do so are the following:
· Disable: To allow access from all IP.
· Allow only IPs from the list: To allow access only from certain IPs.
· Deny all IPs from the list: To deny access from certain IPs.
You can also configure a message to appear depending on the option you configure in Access Restrictions.
To access this option go to the Settings-Players section.
Select the Default Player option .
Then in the Message section , you can configure the messages that you want to be projected in the player, according to the configuration that you are going to apply Closed Access, Geo Restriction, Cellular Network, Device and remember that you must make said configuration for the content you want to restrict Media , Live and Playlist.
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, using these restrictions from this section applies these settings to the content of the account as a whole.
If your intention is to apply them only for certain content, what you should do is enter it and proceed with the settings as appropriate.
If you have any related questions please do not hesitate to write us through the chat.
Atte. The Mediastream Team